Rainbow Cops: Combating hate crime and increasing diversity within EU law enforcement
A panel discussion on Rainbow Cops: Combating hate crime and increasing diversity within EU law enforcement on 19 October between 13.00-15.00 in the European Parliament in Brussels.
This panel discussion will be organized in cooperation with the European Parliament's LGBTI Intergroup – a working group that gathers 151 MEPs from various political backgrounds, who strive to promote and protect the rights of the LGBTI community in Europe.
The event will gather MEPs, policy-makers, and other stakeholders, in order to exchange views on how to increase diversity in law enforcement agencies in the EU, discuss how to increase hate crime reporting by victims, and share best practices on hate crime training for law enforcement officials.
The panellists are:
- Detlef Schroeder, CEPOL Acting Executive Director
- Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos, FRA Head of Equality and Citizens’ Rights Department
- Paul Franey, Irish LGBT Police Network and Trainer on hate crime against LGBT people at the Council of Europe
- Marja Lust, Pink in Blue Police Network The Netherlands, Portfolio Manager International Relations
- Katrin Hugendubel, ILGA-Europe Advocacy Director
If you wish to attend this event, and do not have access to the European Parliament, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 13 October by providing your first name, last name, date of birth, place of birth, passport/ID, passport or ID number and nationality.